Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ulu

Oh, what can I say. I think my female owner is addicted to going out, just the way she was addicted to eating in Brisbane. Being at home at 11pm is disconcerting for her. If she had a choice, she would jio someone out for supper... just that she doesn't have that many supper friends these days.

You know, like hibernation, when you store up fats to last you through winter, my female owner is furiously meeting her friends, in anticipation of the 10-month famine in 2009 where she will be separated from her friends.

Her plans for today: She was supposed to meet her Melbourne Fren for lunch before meeting her Onli Fren for shopping in the afternoon, and end off the day with a dinner at her Couple Frens’ house. Melbourne Fren cancelled lunch due to last minute work. At the same time, my female owner found someone who was willing to go to the Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum with her at last minute’s request. Hence, she postponed her shopping trip with her Onli Fren since it is rare that anyone would accompany her to ulu Jurong to see uninteresting reptiles.

The last time my female owner went to the Turtle Museum 1.5years ago (actually she thought it was 3-4years ago, until I showed her my records). Most of the exhibits remain intact, except that there were less turtles/ tortoises/ terrapins at certain enclosures. As usual, my female owner bought some turtle food to feed the terrapins (unfair! What about us?!)

This signboard is new
turtles, captive or domesticated, are the same everywhere. we get excited when it is feeding timethis turtle was an anomaly though, he continued his yoga stance even though it was feeding time. my female owner made friends with this turtle which allowed her to stroke his head, the way she does it to Dodo.
check out her pretty nails! how do turtles in the wild maintain their good looks?!
An impromptu decision to watch a movie in the late afternoon caused her to be super late for dinner at Couple Frens’ house. And believe it or not, the group of friends (mix of her Badminton Kakis and JC friends) spent the time watching the latest hit drama serial on national television. And it was Wii time! Haha. Apparently, my female owner had super bad hand-eye coordination, resulting in her being a joy to watch and laugh at.

I heard that her sweet friends planted a surprise birthday ops for her and after “forcing” her to finish her bottle of beer, brought out a yummy tiramisu cake to celebrate her birthday. So heart-warming!

Wii time ended close to midnight and my female owner hopped over the street to Onli Fren’s house as Second Onli Fren was there as well (ya, her friends lived so near to one another in ulu Sembawang). Second Onli Fren, Onli Fren, Baby and hubby were around when she reached. Suddenly Onli Fren got excited and said that “hey! We can play bridge!” She got more and more excited and repeated her bridge request twice… and suddenly, a long-time friend whom she had not seen for ages, Ghandi, popped out from nowhere holding a cake cum candle (apparently, Ghandi was to appear when Onli Fren repeated herself three times). Wahaha. Another pleasant surprise for my female owner.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook