Thursday, December 25, 2008

jolted

It’s Christmas! My female owner has mixed feelings about Christmas. She got together with her ex 8 years ago on Christmas. The day that changed her life. The trajectory of her life.

Every year, she thinks about how life could have been, if she hadn’t gone steady with him. Not many people may know, but my female owner did tell her ex that she wanted to break up a few months after getting together. In response, he persuaded her to stay together and even scolded her for being a timid turtle (锁头乌龟). Ah, and she caved in under his persuasive powers. So soft-hearted!

Being back in Singapore, my female owner has a nagging fear of meeting him on the streets. What would she do? What would she say? More importantly, how would she feel? Anger? Disgust? Disdain? Certainly not anything positive. Once in Brisbane, my female owner thought she saw him in her peripheral left vision in the lecture theatre after church service. She was jolted out of her seat. A split second later, her logic (of the impossibility of that happening) took over and she quickly calmed herself down.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook