Monday, December 22, 2008

blessings

My female owner woke up to an anticipated boring day as the only appointment she had was to attend church in far far east with JF… which she didn’t make it.

Old habits die hard. She woke up late coz she went out late the night before.

My female owner chilled-out with some friends at a bar where the Japanese manager performed magic tricks for the customers. As usual, my female owner was "sabotaged" (courtesy of JW, aka her Melbourne Fren who made "special arrangements" with the magician). The magician asked her to guess the number of red soft sponge balls he placed in her hand. Guessing "3" when she thought he placed 2 in her hand, she opened her hand to find a male organ (actual size) expanding from the mass of red sponge she held in her hand. Omigod! Anyway, that was still fun. And hey! my female owner didn't binge-drink.
Anyway, back to today. Upon smsing JF of her non-attendance, he directed her to a live webcast of the service she was supposed to attend. Watching it made her regret not making enough effort to wake up in time (ah, we turtles took a peek at the screen too). Pastor was preaching about being a person of vision, value and compassion for 2009. Even through the internet, my female owner responded to the message.

The rest of the day turned out to be one blessing after another.

Started with her brother who came by and bought lunch for her. My female owner was then minding her own business, surfing the internet when from a distance, her brother caught the screen – Ipod Nano. He quickly asked if she was thinking of getting one and my female owner said yes (she had actually went price hunting yesterday at dodgy Sim Lim where her ex-bf used to work, and was hesitant to get one because of the cost and her current financial situation). Her brother told her immediately that he would get her one (wow!) and even suggested getting Itouch (which is more expensive). My female owner was so touched by the gesture!

Ah, then later in the afternoon, her Second Onli Fren called her, asking if she would be keen to do eyebrow embroidery that evening. My female owner had been meaning to do it for a long time but the place where she wants to do has a six-month waiting list (can you believe it?). Time that she cannot spare. Second Onli Fren was essentially giving up her slot in the waiting list for my female owner.

Soon after, another friend called to say that he was coming over to her house, without giving any reason. Turned out that he wanted to pass her a Christmas cum Birthday present. The thoughts and effort which went into the gift warmed my female owner’s heart. Check it out, so cute!

My female owner had never been a great fan of Care Bears, but she had previously gone ga-ga over them coz they were so cute and endearing. Hence, the appropriateness of the gift. Notice how the box fits the bears perfectly? Lucky bears.

Ah, and she got a lift to the eyebrow place (no need to struggle through public transport!). Eyebrow repair work took longer than expected, by then it was about 2000hr. Second Onli Fren then told her that she was invited for dinner at her friend’s house. And so, she drove my female owner to indulge in a home-cooked Teochew porridge dinner. How blessed!

And after dinner, my female owner had the chance to catch up with her Second Onli Fren one-to-one.. and they made the impromptu decision to visit Onli Fren and Baby.

Ah, what an eventful day, for a day that started out as boring and empty. My female owner is definitely happiest when she gets to spend time with her close friends. Such a blessed day indeed (but we didn’t get to see her as a result!).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook