Friday, December 26, 2008

slope

My female owner is rolling down the slippery slope of spiritual relapse apparently. The latest indicator being that she didn’t make it for any Christmas service. Neither did she spend any time reflecting on the significance of Christmas. It was just like any other day.

But then again, she was not feeling well since Christmas Eve. Her symptoms? Loss of appetite, soreness of joints and backache, but without any fever (or rather, she couldn’t tell since she had no thermometer). Some of her “well-meaning” friends even congratulated her on being pregnant. Wahaha.

Ah, given her weakened physical state, my female owner couldn’t/ didn’t make it for the 0800hr Christmas service (I’m not sure whether it was an ability or attitude issue). She was then 1.5hrs late for her “Oldies Club” meeting scheduled at 1030hr. Made it in the nick of time to see two of her long-time friends before they left for other Christmas appointments. Having not seen her parents since Christmas Eve Eve (sounds like the kind of interaction she had with her Brisbane housemates, doesn’t it?), my female owner rushed home to “show face” to her family for 30mins.

Then, she did the most perplexing thing ever. She went to play badminton with some of her impromptu friends in spite of her condition. For some strange reason, the physical exertion actually reduced some of her symptoms! (I secretly think that the exercise actually jolted her body back into motion, after months of gaining weight and sedentary lifestyle). And rounded off the day with a feast at a popular food centre. So much for loss of appetite!

I know that my female owner was still a little off-form last night, coz she chose not to meet her aikido friends at night... and slept super early too.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook