Tuesday, December 09, 2008

laughter

All through this year, my female owner had been too busy to join her church friends for most of their social activities, be it dinner after church or girls’ outing to somewhere or sports events.

It was only last night, that my female owner managed to tear herself away from her work to make tentative plans to meet three church gals for dinner. The plans were tentative because the gals had gone to the Gold Coast for a Wet and Wild adventure while my female owner spent her day in school, seeing clients. Such a loser! In her last week in Brisbane, my female owner was still frantically seeing clients. She didn’t even need the hours anymore. Credit to her, all she wanted was to help her clients as much as she can before she goes back. Hence, she never once thought of giving herself a client break.

That dinner turned out to be one of the most enjoyable gatherings my female owner ever had in Brisbane. It was a comfortable group size of five (Intuitive Fren hopped on impromptu-ly, so it was 4 gals and 1 boy). Squashed together into a small car, what else can you do but to chat and banter and laugh at anything and everything.

For the first time since she came to Brisbane, my female owner laughed with the same intensity as she used to do in Singapore with her good friends. Putting five people of different nationalities together (Bruneian, Chinese, Hongkonger, Australian and Singaporean) and making them speak English is simply creating a recipe for random silliness, pure innocence, and unexpected jokes (check out what Intuitive Fren wrote, starting from paragraph 5 of entry dated 9 Dec – too lazy to rewrite lah… must work smart, his English is definitely much better than a 6 year old turtle. hope it’s ok…).

Ah, those funny times, sorely missed by my female owner. She finally reconstructed some of it just before she returns home. Better late than never I suppose.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook