Saturday, December 06, 2008

passed

For those who are wondering if my female owner passed her practical exam, I am happy to say that she passed all four stations with flying colours!

She had been so worried about this practical exam, because if she failed any of the stations, she would have to retake that station(s) in Feb 09. That means she would have a “nagging thought” at the back of her mind while she is back in Singapore. And if she still fails the station(s), she would have to redo her internship. That means, clocking up another 100hours of client hours. Not to mention, paying for the course again.

Anyway, she was and I suppose, still is thankful to God for making the process easier for her. For one, all the stations were “oral”. That means that she didn’t have to do any role-plays! Her greatest bane. And since she has the gift of thinking on her bum during “interview sessions” and a round face that signals that she is harmless, she was able to rattle off her answers.

For some unknown reason, all her examiners told her right after her “show and tell” sessions that she passed. They were not supposed to tell students as results were meant to be released at about 1600hr (my female owner later found out that not everyone was told immediately if they passed, so she boiled it down to God’s favour!). Anyway, knowing right away that she passed is certainly less nerve-wrecking and anxiety-provoking than having to wait for 6hrs to find out.

Thirdly, she absolutely didn’t prepare for the question that came out for one of her stations. But because she had been assigned two clients with the same issues as the case scenario, my female owner managed to answer the questions that followed. She knew she did well, coz her examiner who was the clinical programme director, wrote that my female owner “demonstrated excellent knowledge base”. How’s that for not even studying child issues?

So, with a grateful heart, my female owner gives all credit to God for the favour, knowledge and calmness He showered upon her during that agonising hour.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook