Tuesday, December 23, 2008

fuss

Over the past few days, my female owner had a few encounters which left her with no choice but to admit that her body is in need of great repair.

Start first with her eyebrow repair job on Sunday. The beautician made a big fuss over her dark eye rings, dry skin around the eyes and the lack of spirit in her eyes (which, according to her, is a consequence of spending too much time on the computer).

Then she went to cut her hair on Monday. The hair stylist and his assistant exclaimed at her dry, damaged and fizzy hair and how her hair is badly in need of treatment and strengthening. My female owner conveniently blamed it on the Brisbane weather.

As if that is not enough, her Second Onli Fren took a look at her and asked “can you dress up more? You used to dress much more trendily. What happened to you?” She ignored my female owner’s excuses of having not enough clothes in Singapore and no income to buy new ones. Exasperated, Second Onli Fren dragged her around the shopping centre to get “more glam things”. Their loot after 1.5 hours – a white jacket, a pair of working pants, three pairs of shoes and a white bag.

At night, she met up with her aikido gang. One of her friends exclaimed loudly to her “wah, you put on weight!”

When she went back to her former office today, her former boss whispered to her friend that “she has put on weight”. And he didn’t bother to say anything else to my female owner!

Ah.. one fuss after another, my female owner is convinced that she needs to take better care of herself. She needs a makeover.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook