Saturday, December 20, 2008

leading

My female owner once again experienced God’s faithfulness and love today.

She made arrangements with the ex-colleague who invited her to join his bible study group (let’s call him JF) to meet him at Tanah Merah MRT at 1930hrs. Now, Tanah Merah is eons away from Ang Mo Kio. My female owner was ambivalent about going whether it would be worthwhile going, so she nuaed at home until it was too late to take public transport and be on time. Her only alternative was to drive down. The main problem was that she had never driven to TM MRT before and she has no street directory.

She smsed JF who replied with the address of the place (a landed property, so she did not even know which estate she would be heading towards – turns out to be Bedok) and directions that read “U go by PIE exit Simei. At the junction where u can see Expo and MRT track, turn right. There after, turn left when u hit the first junction. Turn right after temple on the right. Then call me. =) ”

And people familiar with my female owner knows that firstly, she is a poor driver, secondly, she doesn’t know her roads and thirdly, even with directions and a street directory, she gets lost.

Armed with this sms (and a secret hope that she would be so lost that she wont be able to make it for bible study), she left in her father’s car, driving head-on into peak hour traffic on the expressway. Putting aside her grievances about Singaporean drivers, my female owner survived the stop-start traffic and arrived at what looked like a temple but turned out to be an old folk’s home.

Now, remember that she didn’t know which estate she was supposed to be in. She called JF whose phone was cut off abruptly. Oh well. She decided to find the place herself. In front of her were two options, either left or right. My female owner deliberated for a while and told God that He had to guide her to the right place, if He really wanted her to be at bible study. My female owner decided to turn left and follow the road leading into a maze of private estates. There were many minor roads or streets she could have taken to locate the exact Jalan, but my female owner went along the main vein and followed the road and with some divine help, found the exact street which she was looking for, with a spare parking space.

Amazing! It was definitely God’s leading all the way. Without a street directory, without getting lost, in darkness, my female owner knew that she was not there at no. 56 by chance.

[to be continued]

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook