Thursday, December 11, 2008

unwanted

I was looking forward to seeing my female owner last night. I was so disappointed (the rest of my siblings too). This was what happened.

My female owner’s Onli Fren (hubby and baby included) and her Second Onli Fren received her at the airport. In spite of her paranoia about her plane crashing (no thanks to some bad press recently; seriously, my female owner never felt so jittery before, especially when they kept putting on the seat-bealt sign in anticipation of turbulence), my female owner landed safely at about 2000hr. After cooing at Baby and giving some professional opinion about him, my female owner headed home with her Second Onli Fren. Passing by Ikea at Tampines along the expressway, they made an impromptu detour towards it. By then, it was about 2100hr. My female owner decided to get her Second Onli Fren to call her father to let him know that she would be back about 2300hr to surprise her mother.

Over the telephone, her father started to say some stuff that Second Onli Fren could not understand. Perplexed, she passed the phone to my female owner. His first words to my female owner were:

“Don’t come home tonight. Come back tomorrow at about 9-10 in the morning”

??

It turned out that her father did not want her to go home last night!!! Rather, he wanted her to stay away till today so that she could turn up on her mother’s actual birthday to surprise her.

Then where did he expect my female owner to stay?! This is where one starts to understand what being “Onli Frens” meant. My female owner looked over to her Second Onli Fren who readily agreed to house her for the night (and I’m sure, for as many nights as my female owner needed).

Ahh.. my female owner mused about being in a situation where her father did not want her to go back and being uncontactable from everyone (she didn't have any SIM card). For a while, my female owner felt that she could disappear from the surface of the earth and no one would even know.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook