Sunday, December 14, 2008

meaningless

My female owner was reasonably frustrated yesterday (Friday), to the point that she forgot to feed us.

Firstly, she had been sneezing ever since she got back to Singapore (that is Wed night). Her sneezing fits are usually very serious, running into hundreds/ day, leaving her exhausted and feverish.

As if that was not enough, she was arrowed to attend a distant relative’s wedding by her father who didn’t want to go. The relative was so distant that she didn’t know how they were connected… possibly her father’s cousin’s son (is that her second degree cousin?). And to be more specific, it would probably be her father’s mother’s brother’s son’s son. She also didn’t know who to congratulate (i.e. who the groom’s parents were).

Anyway, she had to drive her father’s new car to the hotel, chauffeuring her mother and auntie. The drive was shocking and unpleasant, with rude drivers who did not bother to signal their intentions to reckless drivers who made illegal u-turns to inconsiderate drivers who cut into her lane. A far cry from Brisbane drivers.

Reaching the wedding in a foul and prejudiced mood about “wasting her time (specifically her first Friday night in Singapore) at a wedding that means nothing to her”, it was no wonder that the time was pure torture to her. Food sucked, service slow, company boring, body tired, nose itchy etc..

Ah, never force my female owner to be in an unfamiliar social setting without a good reason. She will make her unhappiness so obvious that you wished you never asked her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that bad ah?

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I was so pissed coz none of my generation people was there... was stuck with my father's siblings. I was almost arrowed to send home this person whom I dont like (coz i think her son has no manners).

Anonymous said...

i remember when we (the collective) cajoled you into running. But then, you were probably too outta breath to complain :)

Anonymous said...

haha! the Collective was not a unfamiliar social setting. and hey, my stamina is not too bad okie! in my heyday, i did long-distance swimming.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook