Saturday, December 27, 2008

games

My female owner had one of her funnest night so far in Singapore, with her Impromptu Frens. Remember I mentioned before that my female owner enjoys being among familiar company, laughing and chatting about anything under the sun? The night was filled with such randomness.
The amazing thing was that she organised the outing only yesterday evening but everyone turned up. Her main aim in this outing was to draw out her Librarian Fren and if possible, her Clever Fren, so that the whole group could spend some time together. Her Librarian Fren was often busy while her Clever Fren was notoriously difficult to book, especially if it is a last minute jio (he is NOT impromptu at all). Happily, he turned up (“just in case” my female owner was flying off soon, so sweet).

Happy times were made up of silly card and board games (was it any coincidence that my female owner aced the “avoid being married” game but lost the “management” game?), trying to get the logic and rules of the games without driving anyone to suicide in the process (she played the game twice but still made the same errors, much to the amused exasperation of her Clever Fren – there is a reason why she calls him Clever right?) and free-flow conversation at post-games aka supper.

Ah, same-aged peers, with similar life experiences, exchanging opinions about life and all. How refreshing and energising for my female owner. No pressure to conform, no agenda to meet, no expectations to live up to. Just a group of friends being themselves.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook