Saturday, May 05, 2007

best museum in Singapore - die die must go

Do you know that there are about 35 museums in Singapore and there is one for us terrapins/ turtles/ tortoises? It's called the Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum located at the Chinese Garden. Admission is $5 (that is about half month supply of food for all four of us). It is worth the distance and money, I promise you. The museum is opened by turtle lovers (there are many in Singapore, my female owner can attest to that) and houses more than 200 turtles and tortoises from over 60 different species. It has a petting corner which allows humans to get up close with some of these turtles and tortoises.

Although the name of the museum conveniently left out "terrapins", I would say that we red-earred sliders make up a large proportion of the entire population there. Let me show you why...


Top: The beautiful landscaped turtle pond with hundreds of terrapins.

Below: My fellow mates waiting in anticipation for food.










Below: Friends on dry land











Below: The terrapin which caught my owners' attention.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook