Tuesday, May 22, 2007

the mysterious cat

My female owner does the darnest thing. Before I get rationed by her (of food) for saying this, I must remind her that my male owner said this of her. I, Nooki, am merely repeating what my male owner said.

You see, she came home at 4am on Sunday. As she was unlocking her door, she saw a white cat sitting on the old armchair left outside her house (this armchair was left outside her house for people to wear their shoes). The cat was silent and still, quietly looking at her with his big round shiny eyes. The lateness of the night, together with the spooky demeanour of the cat, freaked her out and she scrambled into the house.

She tried to redeem herself when she retold the story to my male owner and us, that she was just afraid that the cat will spring into the house, run straight to the balcony and pounce on us. Err… how would the cat know that there are terrapins in the house?

Anyway, she didn’t manage to take any photos because her camera was spoilt (hint!) but she did find white fur on the armchair the next day, which basically proved that she was not seeing things. My female owner was fascinated by how the cat managed to find his way to the 9th storey to get to her flat. According to her, the cat looked very happy and contented with his find. She was left wondering how long the cat had been roosting outside her flat without anybody’s knowledge and whether the cat would return.

To satisfy her curiosity, guess what my female owner did? She set her alarm at 4am on Monday morning to spy on the armchair. In the process of this, she actually woke up during the night (without the assistance of the alarm, mind you), struggled out of bed, searched for her glasses using her hands, and walked to the main door to check on the armchair. She repeated the process three times.

Three times, she found the armchair empty. She got her answer. The cat didn’t return. Duh. My female owner does the darnest thing, doesn’t she?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook