Thursday, May 03, 2007

it's a new month

It’s a new month! Many things to look forward to. First, there’s Mother’s Day on the 13th of May. Since I left my hometown many years ago, my female owner is like my mother to me. She takes care of most of my needs and makes sure that I grow up well, despite my traumatic childhood (a little more another day). So, it’s a day worth celebrating with her. Hmmm, just don’t ask me to lay an egg!

Second, my birthday (and Nanook’s) is approaching! Okay, maybe not as soon as you would expect – it’s in July – but it’s soon enough to warrant some mention. Hint hint!

Third, we have a new wading and feeding tank. It’s so much better than the previous feeding tank which has been around longer than me. It’s bigger and lower in height. This makes it easier for us to climb in and out of the tank. Will get my female owner to snap a few photos for you to see, then you know what I mean.

Fourth, my female owner is working from home these couple of days. Wah, it’s a godsend for her and for us as well. She’s usually too busy to pay us much attention, but now, she can afford the time to let us out for a walk in the rest of the house! A whole afternoon of free-and-easy exploration around the house for us. It’s like being cooped up in a small cell for a long time and finally being let loose. The smell of freedom beckons!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook