Friday, July 11, 2008

weight

How many ways can you tell someone that she has gained weight?

“You have gained weight!” and five minutes later, “you have really gained weight” and five minutes later, “you really gained weight”
Note: you can only say this if you are really close to the person and the person is able to appreciate your honesty.

“Eh, you gained weight”.
Short and crisp. Make your point known and do not repeat it. Good if you are not so close to the person, but you don’t want to lie.

Testing water: “You haven’t looked like you gained a lot of weight, just 1-2kg the most”

The logical remark: "You have gained weight, but it's only a phase. You are studying now/ It's winter and you need the fats."

A not-committal comment: “You are not fat not thin now!”

Changing perspective: “Eh, you look fitter now. I don’t mean fat, you were too thin last time.”

The half-truth: “Only your face looks rounder. The rest of you look ok”

The ultimate PC comment: “You where got gain weight?”

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook