Saturday, July 19, 2008

leaving

After 2 weeks of holidays, my female owner has to leave today. I know she will leave with a heavy heart. My female owner just came home from her final gathering, with her Impromptu Frens. She hasn’t done much over the fortnight, except to catch up with different groups of friends/ individuals. Needless to say, she relished in those times. At the same time, it was difficult to say goodbye to her friends, to a point where she has become numb and somewhat helpless.

Many people have asked her if she had the chance to catch up on all the local food she missed in Brisbane. My female owner’s response was that she didn’t really care about the food, it was the friendships which mattered most to her. As long as the company is good, the food will taste good. After all, you can somewhat replicate the local delicacies overseas (whether by buying or cooking), but it’s certainly difficult to replace friends/ comrades who have been through so much with and for you.

May the friendships never end, as though she never left.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook