Wednesday, July 23, 2008

commitment

My female owner has commitment issues apparently. She stated this squarely to her unsuspecting bible study group leader who was asking her to join the church as a member.

My female owner never used to be like that. I mean, she committed to a relationship for 6.5 years, despite facing objections and pressure from her family. She spent her weekends largely with one person, at the expense of her social life. She led an uneventful life then – no late nights, no drinking, no dining at gourmet restaurants (because the other person had dietary restrictions) etc. Look what commitment brought her. Lost youth, wasted opportunities, undeveloped potentials.

She committed herself to her work. Being on call 24/7, hardly taking sick leave and covering for disappearing colleagues. Yet, her boss said that she “spread herself too thinly” with her flute and aikido endeavours.

No wonder she has commitment issues now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sigh i agree. commitment, intimacy issues, ADHD, we have em all! We should be called "disfunctional friends!"

Anonymous said...

we have them and more! avoidant, binge-vices, split personalities etc.
btw... disfunctional not spelt like that lah. dysfunctional.
someone's baking cookies in my house... so tempting to make some for myself. how??

Unknown said...

Not only that. Poor spelling, malingering, destructive....how??

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook