Tuesday, July 15, 2008

birthday ops

My female owner had an impromptu pre-dinner meeting with Potahto. It was impromptu as my female owner had 1.5hrs to spare between appointments and Potahto was available and more importantly, willing to meet her at last minute's notice. Although it was only about an hour long (my female owner had to leave for a dinner appointment), my female owner enjoyed that short encounter with Potahto. It's not how long you spend with someone that matters, it's how that time is spent with someone that matters.

After dinner, my female owner received an impromptu supper jio by her Second Onli Fren. While driving to pick up Goat (whom my female owner actually met earlier in the day for lunch), they decided to perform a birthday ops on Onli Fren, as it was her birthday. Hence, the three Frens turned up at her doorstep at about 2330hr (with the help of Onli Fren’s husband, who let them into the house). And the four of them (who coincidentally went to Phuket together a few years ago around this time), managed to both celebrate Onli Fren’s birthday, and have a few games of bridge – something which Onli Fren had always wanted to do since my female owner came back to Singapore.

That warm and snuggly feeling, so hard to replace or let go.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook