Thursday, July 03, 2008

half-year

Half a year has gone by and this time to do my quarterly reflection on life. Not that there’s much things happening in the life of a turtle. But you know, no news is good news in this case. The only time when things happen in my life, is when I suffer a prolapse! Nono, I don’t want to go through that experience again. It’s traumatising for everyone – myself, my siblings, my female owner, her parents and her friends.

This year has of course been different, starting out as a “single-parent” family, to a no-parent family/ foster-parent family. We thought we could never get through the days without my female owner and her idiosyncrasies. But hey, we manage well, somehow. Then because she is gone, our diet changed too. Our foster parents (her parents) decided to start us on a fresh diet of veggies. Yucks to that initially, but I got used to fresh greens and hey, they taste quite juicy too.

We also learnt to respond to new people in our midst and learnt that our world is not made up of just our female owner. Wahaha. She’s still the most important person in our lives, just that we have grown to enlarge our repertoire of human relationships.

i guess the next few years would be like that...

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook