Monday, July 21, 2008

old friends

Two pairs of my female owner's friends got married when she was in Brisbane. Each couple had just established their homes in the northern part of Singapore. As part of my female owner's homecoming, the female half of Couple Fren decided to host a dinner. The menu was decided on the spot by her and my female owner at the supermarket. Cooking took about 3 hours. The dinner was attended by the two couples, my female owner and her Ex-Er-Zi who happened to be in town (currently studying in Denmark).
It was an evening of food, fun and fellowship. Catching up with old friends has always a joy for my female owner. In addition to the food featured below, there were various goodies from Japan and alcohol (my female owner's indulgence in Singapore). And the good old Tai-Di.
Quite obviously, they overbought.
My female owner's maiden attempt at washing squid.
5-spice Chicken that didn't turn out correct
Mapo tofu that...again...didn't turn out rightSambal seafood (that's where the squid went!)
Stir-fried vegs with mushroom. In her typical blurness, my female owner cut up all the mushrooms, except one.
The entire dinner (plus a pot of soup, eggs with sausage and pineapple rice). 7 dishes for 6 people! The traditional shot - one of the husbands was late in coming home.
A surprise birthday celebration for her Ex-Er-Zi. Yes, he is only 2 years old. =)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook