Friday, July 11, 2008

nothing's changed

My female owner must be enjoying herself being back in Singapore. I say this because I hardly see her at home, especially at night. She has reverted to her old lifestyle of hanging out late at night and sleeping in in the mornings. She had another impromptu moment just now when she reached home at about 2230hr and felt that the night was still too young. Feeling restless, she managed to jio someone out for supper (power of MSN). The feeling of being able to go out as and when she likes is certainly something she misses having.

My female owner and her friends have unanimously agreed that even though she had been away for 5 months, it was as if she had never been away. In fact, nothing seemed to have changed and every meet-up was like the ones they usually had in the past.

Very obviously, my female owner has not gotten comfortable with her life in Brisbane. Perhaps it’s her age – she has gotten used to the hectic and activities-filled lifestyle in Singapore and finds change hard to handle. Perhaps it’s her circle of friends – there are not many people in Brisbane whom she can relate to on an emotional level. Perhaps it’s her financial dependence – she is currently on a “student welfare fund” where her parents are the President and the Treasurer and that is a psychological burden. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps…

Since going back to Brisbane is a soon-to-be eventual event, my female owner has decided to enjoy the rest of her remaining days without getting depressive or moody. Why brood over something that cannot be changed?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook