Sunday, July 13, 2008

pride

My female owner’s mother’s colleague recently took a lift from them (this was a day when my female owner tagged along in her father’s car to pick her mother up from work, before dropping at the MRT on the way home to go for aikido. She was apparently trying to squeeze in some family time in order to soothe her conscience). During the short 15mins ride, my female owner found out certain things that astonished her.

The colleague told her that that her mother is very proud of her (and has obviously been talking about her to her friends. So embarrassing!). More surprising for my female owner were the things that made her mother proud. Firstly (but expectedly), for being able to pursue postgrad studies. Secondly, for being able to bake (check out the mini muffins she baked for her father’s birthday party!).
Thirdly (this is the most astonishing part), for going to church and bible study regularly. My female owner never knew how much this meant to her mother, until that day.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook