Friday, July 25, 2008

skipping

My female owner had a chat with one of her clinic secretaries, G today. The conversation started because my female owner was wearing her yellow sleeveless dress without any jumper and it was a cold, slightly rainy day.

G: did anyone tell you that it’s a cold day today?
FO: no, but I’ve got functional fats. they insulate me.

Stunned silence.

G: functional fats?
FO: yes, I put on 6kg in 6 months!

Astonished look.

G: but you look slim. I can’t imagine how you look, 6kg lighter! You look alright and don’t you go lose any of the 6kg.
FO: you are too kind.
G: no no. Let me look at you again (and my female owner had to go around the counter to stand in front of her for a full-body scan). Yes, you are alright, I can’t see where the 6kgs went. Now, go and celebrate this weekend.
__________________________

Seems as if people in different continents have different standards. Anyway, my female owner brought a skipping rope over from Singapore, in her feeble attempt to lose weight. The skipping rope hasn’t worked well for her, coz the rope is too light, and tends to get tangled with her feet. Also, she finds that she has to make big circles with her arms in order to circumvent the “weightless” rope. These limitations exhaust her quickly. The other plausible explanation is simply that she does not know how to skip properly!

Anyway, in her quest to maximise her new exercise regime (she has had many in the past), my female owner stumbled upon a skipping website which she wished that she saw before buying her rope.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook