Thursday, July 31, 2008

burnout

My female owner finally found the word to describe her current state of affairs – burnout (guised as post-holiday blues perhaps). Thanks to Potahto who never fails to put her vague feelings into words.

The lecturer coordinating the research component of the programme recently told the class that even if they were to research on something which they are interested in, they will find that they will start to dislike that area as they research more… and their interest will rekindle when their thesis is completed.

My female owner is in that “dislike” stage now. Everything else looks more exciting and promising than seeing clients. She had fun with her tutorial groups (she has always loved training, there was a Singaporean in her class. She was so tempted to release all her pent up “lohs” and “lahs” on him) even though she made some bimbo mistakes. Even RA work (randomly offered by her supervisor) seems more appealing than her current coursework. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere but Block 24/ 24A.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook