Sunday, June 22, 2008

goodbyes

My female owner attended a farewell party tonight. One of her bible study friends from Malaysia was returning home, after being in Brisbane for 4 years.

The party, held in someone’s house, had a warm and homely feel. It overflowed with food, friends and fellowship. After dinner, the group (must have been about 30 people) sat down and shared about how the friend had impacted their lives. They also prepared a video recording and prayed for him. Photo-taking (by sub-groups) took place thereafter. Photo-taking was carried out in a wedding ceremony fashion (if you know what I mean. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter).

It was at the “sit-down” segment that my female owner suddenly felt a sense of familiarity. The concept and sequence of events were almost the same as 5 months earlier when her Onli Fren organised the church farewell for her. Watching the process stirred up strong emotions within her, to the point that she would have left the place if she could. It was just that she did not bring out her keys and her housemates were seated far away from her.

Saying goodbye had been painful. Watching a similar goodbye party unfold before her was like re-experiencing the pain again. She hates goodbyes.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook