Wednesday, June 04, 2008

impromptu

My female owner met up with Q today. Such a warm feeling, to be seeing a familiar face. It was really impromptu (my female owner loves impromptu meetings). Q smsed to ask she was free at about 8pm-ish. My female owner was in the midst of telephone consultations. She finished up her work asap and headed for the next ferry towards city… without knowing which hotel Q was staying. Even when she got the name of the hotel, she didn’t know where it was.. Such impulsivity!

Anyway, to cut the long story short, she managed to locate the hotel and knew she was in the right place, when she saw a large group of teenagers hanging around the lobby, waiting to be assigned their room keys.

Oh, the familiarity of the Singapore accent… and the Singaporean slang… and singlish! For someone who has been in a foreign land for about 4 months and surrounded with non-Singaporean, my female owner could now discern the distinctive accent. But to hear the teacher speaking singlish to his students was so ticklish that she couldn’t help smiling to herself.

Even though it has only been 4 months, she noticed that Q’s facial features have changed somewhat. Wonder what else changed. And of course, my female owner met some of Q’s friends. Somehow, my female owner always feels comfortable being with teenagers. Maybe it fulfills her not-so-secret fantasy to be forever 18?

My female owner hopes to be able to meet up with Q again before she flies back to Singapore (I can just hear my female owner crying out “take me with you!”). The days are tight, but then, nights are always an option I suppose.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook