Tuesday, June 03, 2008

visitor

My female owner is getting a visitor from Singapore! And that would be her neighbour, Q! Wahaha. My female owner saw Q blossomed from a very shy and helpless girl to a clever and self-motivated young lady. This opening makes my female owner sound so old (actually she is very qualified to be an “auntie” already).

Actually, my female owner was Q’s tuition teacher from Primary 3 till Secondary 4. That’s like an 8-yr relationship. My female owner started out teaching her English, Math and Science in Primary school, to Maths and English in Lower Secondary and E/A Maths in Upper Secondary. Q did my female owner proud by aceing both her maths subjects in her O level. This was a vicarious victory for my female owner, because she failed to get an A1 for A Maths.

So Q is on a plane now, heading towards Brisbane as part of her school-band tour. Talk about ironies of life. Just when we turtles thought that we were liberated from my female owner’s lousy flute practices, Q decided to join the band and pick up the clarinet! Argh. At least the clarinet is more mellow and the sound is coming from next door, so it’s not so jarring to our ears (yes, we have ears!).

Dodo told me that once, when he was little, my female owner sat Q down in front of them (Dodo, Dona and Nana) and made her write a short composition about them. Q must been quite traumatised then. Anyway, she grew up to like turtles as well and even bought some as pets (talk about social modelling.)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook