Monday, June 16, 2008

new season

My owners broke up last year this day, after being together for 6.5 years. After being together for so long, singlehood seemed daunting for her. What would she be doing on the weekends? Who could she talk to if she needed a listening ear? My female owner never thought that she would be able to move on. Thankfully, friends came round to support her and she never once looked back to lament, “I wish we are still together”.

Having been through much emotional and mental turmoil (don’t ask me why she stuck out for so long), it was not surprising that my female owner swore off BGRs and marriage, being fully convinced that “all guys are bad”. One year on, her stance have softened, not because she has met any guy who is “not bad” or who caught her eye, but because God changed her mindset, to see the beauty He created in people.

She marked the last day before the first “anniversary” of her singlehood by sharing her past experiences with a Christian sister. It was a spontaneous session, as if arranged by God to allow my female owner to release the final burst of pent-up emotions before the new season starts.

A season where my female owner is set free from the past errors she made, where she has decided she will no longer ruminate over what should have been, could have happened or would have resulted in. A season where my female owner can look to God to redeem those years spent in the wilderness. A season of new beginning, growth and maturation.

Way to go!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook