Saturday, June 21, 2008

switch off

My female owner is in a switch off mode. So switched off and conflicted that I was not able to pinpoint what she was feeling or contemplating about. I gave up trying.

Let's just say that there are some days when you feel so overwhelmed by the tasks ahead of you that you just switch off and quit doing anything. At the same time, you know that by switching off and quitting, you are only adding to your problems and making matters worse because you now have less time to deal with the rest of your tasks.

She's in that state now. It's like being stuck in a marathon where the endpoint is constantly shifted backwards. So no matter how she steel herself to face the road ahead, or tries to pace herself, she can't see the endpoint (or even just the distance markers). She also likens herself to a hamster running on the wheel... running hard but going nowhere.

As to why she is in that state, or how she got herself into that state, or whether that state is real or perceived, I was not able to decipher.

Cheers to end of exams!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook