Thursday, June 05, 2008

love

My female owner has been wondering what it feels like to “love God”. Many of her Christian friends say that they love God a lot. She wonders what that means, especially if you can’t see God. It’s so hard to love someone you can see, much less Someone you can’t see.

Today, she received a heart revelation.

She realised that God is like a Suitor, pursuing to have an intimate relationship with her. With His gentleness and patience, reaching out to her, wanting her to understand His love for her. This Suitor has been so faithful and persistent, even though my female owner had ignored him for the large part of her life. There were times she probably turned to Him in desperation when she needed help. Her Suitor never said “you were not faithful, so I’m not going to rescue you this time.” Rather, her Suitor said “you should have come to me first, my beloved. I’ve never left you, I am always with you.”

Her Suitor has always been a gentleman. He chose to wait for her, when she became distracted with other issues in her life. It must have been heartbreaking for Him, that the very presents He gave her, caused her to forget about Him. He never gave up on her. Her Suitor knows her weaknesses and gently with His loving arms, guides her through her challenges.

With a Suitor like this, how can your heart not warm towards Him?

Today, my female owner felt her heart warm towards Her Suitor. She caught a revelation of His love and understood what it means to receive His love and to love Him

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook