Monday, June 23, 2008

relief

My female owner passed her practical exam! It was a relief, with a slight hint of positive emotions (when compared to receiving other grades). It was a day of emotional swing. She started off with a sense of dread because she slept early last night, leaving many materials unread. She walked to school and was so jittery that she was not able to even pray properly (loss of words). Her confidence level increased tremendously when her very clever coursemate (who already has a PhD!) assured her that everyone would pass. Her confidence level dipped when her friends and her compared experiences after the assessment, coz she realised that she missed out on vital points in one of the stations (with the strictest marker, ie her own supervisor). After lunch, her confidence in passing crashed rock bottom when she found out (through the grapevine) that some people failed. Putting two and two together, she reckoned it must be her. She wondered how the clinic manager would break the news to her (results were released through a face-to-face feedback session with the clinic manager).

The clinic manager began the session by saying “I have to tell you upfront that…” (split second pause, but long enough for my female owner to think “you failed one of the stations”)

“…you passed all the stations”.

What a relief.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook