Monday, June 09, 2008

abstinence

My female owner decided to do a quick evaluation of the past week of abstinence from MSN. Actually, she did chat with a few people but those were really short and sharp conversations. In addition to the self-imposed MSN break, she has also stopped replying to most emails.

Pros
Less distraction
More time to do her work (but she didnt manage to complete her work still)

Cons
Chatting actually helps to keep her awake, so now she finds herself struggling to keep awake studying, especially at night.
She wanted to catch up with a few people but was not able to.
She felt like she was drifting away from her friends (my female owner is very sensitive to emotional distancing from friends and gets paranoid about it).

Conclusion
She decided that she should do "everything in moderation". That means, to stay largely offline until the end of exams (helps her to cultivate discipline and prioritising skills). Chat only during study breaks or when it’s necessary.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook