Thursday, June 05, 2008

indulgence

My female owner says that she’s frustrated with herself for being so myopic. She has been whining and indulging in self-pity about how terribly exhausting the programme has been, and worse still, allowing herself to entertain thoughts of quitting. She feels so me-centred when there are bigger issues that the world is grappling with and wants to snap out of this unhealthy indulgence.

For instance, life and death issues in China, where people are concerned about whether they have rescued all the living and how they are going to move on from this disaster and rebuild their lives, amidst all the losses and chaos. Many parents lost their only child while many unsung heros have given up their lives to save others.

And my female owner is upset over her shrinking brain capacity and expanding fat cells. Time to do something for the world!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook