Monday, June 02, 2008

download

My female owner read somewhere before that men need to retreat into their caves once in a while and women need to understand that and allow their partners to do that. The man will come out once he’s ready to “face the world”.

My female owner is very “man” in that aspect. Once in a while, she just needs to have the time-out to be by herself. It’s a cycle – being with friends and being alone. Going over to Brisbane, where she has to grapple with so many things simultaneously, she realised that the cycle of “being with friends” and “being alone” is getting shorter. The psychologist will call it “rapid cycling” (in the context of mania and depression).

She realised that the desire to be left alone (be there but not be seen) was so strong that even during church service, she found it labourious to speak to the people sitting next to her. Sometimes, the pastor would say “tell the person on your right and left that…” and that was when she wished she was sitting all alone at the back where no one would be on her right or left.

Recently, she had been wondering about some Christian stuff. Then out of the blue, one Christian friend whom she had not heard from for a long time emailed her to ask her how she was. That opened the way for my female owner to download her thoughts to someone who was so similar to her, she could definitely identify with my female owner without her having to say too much. Such apt timing. Must be a divine intervention from God to provide my female owner with some Christian insights on life.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook