Tuesday, June 24, 2008

indulgence

For the first time since my female owner started her course, she was able to work on her assignments yesterday in a relaxed fashion, as compared to the preceding months (since Feb 18!), where each day was spent trying to complete sufficient work, just to prevent the fire (of undone work) from spreading the next day. She actually enjoyed herself doing work.

To celebrate the TEMPORAL end of face-to-face assessments, my female owner took a time-out from everything today and went shopping to a further than usual place. For the past months, she had moved largely between her suburb and the neighbouring suburb (to buy groceries primarily), with the rare transition to the city or beyond. That's how deprived she is! Studying must be sometimes worse than working. At least you get to take leave from work to do your own things, whereas work never ends for students. Alas, her self-indulgence (or avoidance of work) resulted in many oh-shit emails when she got home.

While it was easy to regret indulging herself, my female owner knew that she needed that break, just to redeem lost days and maintain her sanity. In spite of her chronic stress and high level of tension and anxiety, my female owner also noted that God had kept her in good physical health and for that, she is grateful.

I suppose it’s back to the grindstone for her, or else she won’t be able to come back. SOB.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook