Monday, January 21, 2008

church friends

My female owner met up with a group of friends from church today. I rarely talk about them, because she hardly meets them. So today was a grand gathering of sorts, for long-time friends who had/ have been so important in her life. I'm not kidding. Even though the youngest is 24 years old and the oldest is probably 32 and there was about 25 of them, their friendships spans more than 10 years each. In fact, she knows some of her friends for more than half her life!

My female owner managed to catch up with her friends (though not as much as she wanted to). Certainly one of the parties which she would remember for a long time, because of the people who turned up.

Being EMO nowadays, my female owner started tearing BEFORE a group of gals (whom she used to lead in church when they were 12-13 years old) presented a song to her. There were tears and laughter, even through this special item. Was really heart-warming for my female owner, to see how "her girls" blossomed after all these years.

Then, there was the C's girls (and their partners) whom my female owner grew up with when she herself was 12 years old (They are now called the Oldies Club). They saw one another through O levels, A levels, tertiary education and for some, marriage. My female owner's Onli Fren falls into this category. She was the self-appointed Party Planner who ended up opening up her house for the gathering, cooking for everyone and coordinating all the RSVPs.

Another subgroup present was her bridge (and sometimes drinking) gang. They did not like crowds but because of my female owner, turned up to spend some time with her. For their efforts, they managed to squeeze in a few games of bridge, with champagne threw in as a bonus!

Finally, there were a few people who had seen my female owner through good and bad times (one was even her diving buddy, poor guy!) They were present when my owners were together. When people opposed the relationship, they stood by my owners.

I think my female owner enjoyed herself. There were lots of interaction in the group and people managed to catch up with those who no longer attended the same church. It's a pity that it had to end early (coz it's a Sunday).

Oh well.. maybe my female owner's Onli Fren can start planning for a welcome back party!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook