Saturday, January 05, 2008

flute

And so... after 3 years 8 months, $13000+ , 2 flutes (one beginner and one semi-professional), 5 exams (1 distinction, 1 merit, 2 passes, 1 fail), subtle criticism from some people for spending too much time on it, hours of practice, immeasureable self-doubts, undying tolerance from us turtles and her neighbours, and many more unspoken investment.., my female owner finally obtained her grade 8 in flute.

In her words, she "finally completed her flute education" (ya, she realised that she is not cut out musically, so good riddance to her fantasies of doing a diploma and teaching flute in future).

For those who were with her through her flute journey, they can testify to her countless struggles and frustrations, especially when it comes to exam period. My female owner will intensify her practice time, by staying home as much as she can (this includes Friday nights and weekends).

Her journey with flute started innocently. She was feeling bored at work and wanted to develop herself musically. Her friend happened to be interested in the flute and both of them signed up for group classes. Her friend quitted after one lesson. My female owner stayed on. She never imagined at that point in time, that she would go all the way to grade 8. She just wanted to learn to play the flute.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook