Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a mother's love

It's time to talk about my female owner's mother. She is the sole reason why my female owner is able to take the giant leap of faith, resign from her job (instead of waiting for her company to sponsor her study and be bonded for three years) and pursue her dream of being able to study overseas and obtain postgraduate qualifications.

Her mother is the main sponsor of her current exploit. More than S$100k (not counting opportunity cost) would be needed to see my female owner through these two years and her mother, in her usual gungho style, told her many times that "you just go and study, I can support you".

M: Girl, I don't want you to suffer, so even if the rent is expensive, just take it. You must stay in a good place.

FO: It's ok, I can make do with less.

M: Don't worry, money can be earned back. You just need to be willing to work hard next time.

FO: But I scared I don't do well and disappoint you.

M (with surprised look): You don't have to do well, just need to pass only.

FO: HUH?

M: Yah, just pass the course, do well means get distinction. People say once graduate already, the child should support herself, but I feel its my responsibility to support you all the way. I am willing to sacrifice, be stingy on myself so that you can have enough. Just pray for my good health, so that I can continue working.


A mother's love, nothing else comes close.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook