Sunday, January 13, 2008

badminton

It has been a long time since our female owner let us out for a walk in the rest of her house. She used to let us out mostly on Saturdays coz that's when she's home and she can make sure that we are ok. However, she has been going out so much that we have been stuck in the Balcony for many weeks now.

Anyway, my female owner joined her JC friends for some badminton today. Again, she had been so busy with other stuff that this was the first time in many weeks that she joined her friends. My female owner fell in love with badminton slightly more than a year ago (I remember coz her parents gave her a badminton racquet 2 Christmases ago and we turtles were so worried that she would use the racquet to hit us. Don't ask us why we had such fear. Survival instincts maybe?) when she started playing with her colleagues. Then (as she always manages to sell sports to her friends), she spread the badminton bug to her JC who then, played badminton weekly for the past one year (talk about commitment!).

My owners used to play with them and ever since they broke up, my male owner vanished from this weekly activity while my female owner became less regular, to the point where she almost vanished ... until today.

Oh.. and whatever little form she ever possessed, was evidently gone in today's session. But it doesn't matter, coz her friends accepted her for who she is, and how badly she played. The important thing was that they managed to spend some time together, after so long.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook