Friday, January 18, 2008

deja vu

My female owner went out for a hotpot dinner tonight (I know, coz she came home smelling like an assortment of things... meat... veggies... egg... mushrooms... beancurd... and even coffee!) Anyway, during the post hotpot chill-out session, she found out that her functional friend recently had some disagreements with his partner as she wanted to go overseas to pursue her PhD.

His sharing was like a deja vu of what happened between my owners last year. My female owner had wanted to pursue her postgraduate qualifications (she needs it in her line of work) since she started working in 2003. However, she kept delaying it as she wanted to work things out with my male owner. Finally, she decided to explore this option with him and he blew his top.

I suppose each of them had their valid point of views. My male owner did not believe in long-distance relationships and felt disappointed as he saw this path as not working towards a future together. My female owner wanted to study, as she saw it as a necessity and since my male owner was still in the process of building his career, she wanted to complete this in the meantime.

Like her functional friend, my male owner also said things like he did not want to stop her from pursuing her dreams, that if she wanted to study, to just go.

My female owner chose to go, and not to subject my male owner to a long-distance relationship.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook