Sunday, January 27, 2008

support

Today, my female owner finally told her aikido instructor that she broke up with my male owner. He was very shocked to hear the news (although he might have suspected it). It all started when my female owner declared that she did not want a boyfriend. Visually startled, her aikido instructor asked her why and persisted in finding out what happened.

When my female owner revealed that my male owner did not support her plans to pursue an overseas education, he was quick to support her, saying that any guy who would not support his partner through further studies was not worth it. The other guy in the group (her hotel friend) also shared about how he supported his then-girlfriend (now wife) through school in New York (including financially).

Well, to absolve my male owner from further responsibility, my female owner also said that they had different goals which did not match. That kind-of helped to appease her friends' indignance and changed the topic.

Nanook, my older sister (but sometimes I feel that I'm older than her), has never really gotten over the break-up of my owners. She tends to act out by over-eating and sometimes blames my female owner for driving my male owner away. My brothers, Dodo and Dona, are generally well-adjusted. After all, my female owner adopted them BEFORE she got together with my male owner. So technically, they are "earlier loves". As for me, well, I'm resigned to current reality. Meditation and yoga help me to manage my emotions.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook