Monday, January 14, 2008

one farewell down

My female owner's aikido friends organised a farewell dinner for her at a Chinese restaurant today. With three tables of friends tucked in a corner, it was like a mini wedding dinner. Given my female owner's shy nature (yes, she is shy, like us, although many people think that she is just aloof), I can just imagine how hard it was for her to host the dinner (i.e. hop from table to table to talk to her friends). She tried but failed miserably. But her aikido instructor came to her rescue and did the social butterfly thing on her behalf. So sweet!

Recall I mentioned before that my female owner's love language is first, acts of service, then quality time. Given the setting, my female owner felt so loved having her friends around her. At the end of the dinner, her aikido instructor presented the gift on the behalf of everyone (she felt so awkward being in the centre of the limelight). My female owner then took out the cards which she painstakenly wrote for each of her aikido friends. I must say that the efforts were worth it, to see the look of appreciation on their faces for the personalised messages.

Dodo was right on this after all. My wise brother.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook