Thursday, November 01, 2007

Love Language

Ever heard of the Five Love Languages?

My female owner was introduced to it many years ago but it was only recently that she managed to get hold of a copy of the book. The author, Dr Gray Chapman, argues that different personalities express/receive love (whether it is romantic, platonic or familial) in different ways. The five love languages are:

Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

At the end of the book (The Five Love Languages for Singles), she completed a self-assessment tool to find out her primary love language. This is the results, ranked in order.

1 - Acts of Service
2 - Quality Time
3 - Receiving Gifts
4 - Words of Affirmation
5 - Physical Touch

Hmmm…..

I looked around my siblings and tried to decide what their primary love language is:

Dodo – Quality Time: Coz he’s always running out to meet my female owner
Dona – Words of Affirmation: Coz he doesn’t like to be touched so love has to be expressed verbally
Nanook – Gifts: Need I say more? She’s always waiting for food
Me – Acts of Service: Just keep the Balcony clean!

Hmmm….. Looks like we have something in common with our female owner, we don’t fancy physical touch very much… And my poor female owner! She has to adapt to our different personalities!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook