Monday, November 05, 2007

borderline

My female owner was feeling bored, so she surfed Psychology Today and did a "Do I need therapy?" test. She was serious about finding out if she needed therapy and hence, she did the test carefully.

Here are the results:

What do your responses tell us?
Although your scores were generally very good, you had symptoms in at least one category. This suggests that you should probably consult with a mental health professional for further testing or treatment, especially if you are distressed about the symptoms you are experiencing. There is most certainly a treatment out there that will help improve the symptoms you are experiencing.

The following are the areas of concern detected by the screening:
i) You have experienced symptoms of a major depressive episode, but not enough to qualify as a full-blown episode, or as major depressive disorder.
ii) You appear to suffer from some symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder.


While (i) did not surprise her, (ii) certainly did. According to the same website,

Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal relationships, self-image, and behavior. This instability often disrupts family and work life, long-term planning, and the individual's sense of identity...


The wikipedia states that some common features are:

P - Paranoid ideas
R - Relationship instability
A - Angry outbursts, affective instability, abandonment fears
I - Impulsive behavior, identity disturbance
S - Suicidal behavior
E - Emptiness



Hmmm..........

Perhaps my male owner was right after all. Towards the end of their relationship, he told my female owner that he thought that she had some mental illness.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook