Sunday, November 11, 2007

second fiddle

My female owner, in her absent-mindedness, cut herself very badly on her fourth finger. While it took ages for the bleeding to stop, it was the least of her concern. She was more bothered that she can't practice her flute anymore. Her $3000+ flute is open-hole, meaning that each hole needs to be covered properly, in order to produce a good tone. It would be diffcult to achieve that, given the plaster on her finger.

In desperation, my female owner took out her first flute (this one cost her $1000) and realised that she was able to produce nice tones because the flute is closed-hole (and we turtles thought we could have a respite from her practices!). Hence, she decided to use this flute for the time being (talk about being second fiddle... or flute)

Actaully, I think she sounds better with the cheaper flute. Why did she buy an expensive flute in order to sound worse?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook