Wednesday, November 07, 2007

boundaries

My female owner came home looking drained and unfulfilled.

It turns out that her client in crisis wanted to harm himself and she had to step in to take the necessary precautions. That meant that she ended up talking to several parties (the drained part)… and missing her aikido class in the process (this is the unfulfilled part). Certainly not what she expected, for a week which has only 4 working days!

One thing she always found difficult doing was setting boundaries with her clients. She can’t bear to say no to people. Hence, she struggled to say no to her client when he wanted to see her at that very moment. But then, my female owner always had problems setting boundaries anyway. Even for physical ones, she did not set a proper boundary for us turtles and this eventually led to Nana’s death. So what more psychological boundaries?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook