Wednesday, October 31, 2007

how did she do it?

I wonder how my female owner did it.

She slept for less than 5 hours, after her late-night/early-morning online session, went to work in the morning, and ended the day at close to midnight, after reaching home from her aikido training. How did she find the energy to sustain herself through such long hours and physically demanding activities? Last I heard, she skipped dinner too. And oh yes, at 0033 now, she's still online!

There were a few times in the past when we turtles had to keep late nights. Rather, we had intermittent sleep. This was because my female owner was doing things in the Living Room till the wee hours of the morning. Whether it was reading something or watching television, she would, once in a while, walk into the Balcony to find us. Hence, we would be woken up by the fuss and would, as all pets do, try to entertain her as best as our tired bodies could. Dodo was the most attentive (as usual). Sometimes, he would not even sleep, but keep awake throughout the time she was in the Living Room, just to show my female owner his undying loyalty.

However, unlike my female owner who is able to keep going despite a lack of sleep, Dodo will conk out the next day and spent his entire day snoozing in a corner, bright sunlight or not.

So, how did my female owner do it?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook