Sunday, October 28, 2007

smokers

My female owner was a little upset today. She came home and saw her father standing in the Balcony. Instantly, she knew what was going on. He was smoking, when he's not supposed to.

Out of respect for him, she pretended not to know what he was doing and walked into her room. Deep in her heart, she was upset that he was smoking in secret. She was also upset that he smoked in the Balcony, where the four of us are, thus subjecting us to second-hand smoke.

My female owner hates it when her loved ones smoke behind her back (i.e. they already promised not to smoke/ quit but still smokes when she's not around). Don't get her wrong. She has smoker friends. In fact, Dodo and Dona were given to her by her very good friend who smokes. Come to think of it, Nanook and I were bought by my male owner who smokes too.

How ironic.

One of my female owner's friends recently smoked in front of her. To everyone else, he is a non-smoker. But somehow, he revealed his smoking habit to her. While puffing away on his cigarette (with the smoke away from her face of course!), he said "don't ever believe a smoker who tells you that he has quitted smoking. He's lying."

After believing in my male owner for 6.5 years on this, my female owner has come to the same conclusion too.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook