Thursday, October 04, 2007

quarter-life crisis ... thank you

My female owner once said that we turtles can live over 20 years in captivity. That means that I am 1/4 way there. That also means that I'm entitled to my quarter-life crisis!

I've left behind the stage where I was growing, from a baby terrapin to my current size. I have kind-of stagnanted physically - I'm not growing bigger, just fatter around my neck (see what I mean here)
I spent the last year of my life penning down my thoughts at this space. I wonder what the next year brings for my siblings and I. I hope that all of us live to a ripe-old age and grow old happily together. I wish for joy and peace to all those who have made a difference in our lives - for those who had petted us, for those who had fed us, prayed for us, played with us, washed us. Even for those who helped my female owner through her life struggles, or simply left your footprints in her life, thank you for loving her. You made a difference in her life, and by doing so, you made a difference in ours!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook