Monday, October 22, 2007

pricky

My female owner is pricky today. She snapped at her long-suffering mother before coming over to the Balcony to seek solace in us. I guess we have a calming effect on her because of our slow and steady movements. I mean, how emo can one get, watching turtles crawl around a small area?

By the way, Dodo, my dearest brother, is the best emo-meter around. He senses my female owner's moods very quickly and accurately and knows exactly what to do to suit her emo-level. Certainly the most empathetic turtle around.

I wonder what's bothering her. She's so sullen, she didn't even say anything about me putting on weight lately. Dona says it's the effects of aging. I say it's burnt-out. She played too much last week and is nursing pre-Monday blues again. Nanook doesn't care, as long as she gets her meals. Dodo doesn't need to know the reason. He just wants to be there for her.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook